Wednesday 15 February 2017

Artist Of The Week: Q&A With Ryan Jenkins

 
Hi everyone and welcome to another Artist of the week Q&A series.

Hope you all are enjoying the amazing up and coming artists’ who have already been featured in this series.

Ryan Jenkins is my fifth artist in the series.

Jenkins is a talented percussionist at just 18 years of age, from Louisiana, USA.

This artist was selected to the LMEA All-State Honour Band 2 years in a row for percussion, and last year he was... ranked 8 best percussionist in the state of Louisiana. Ryan wants to translate his love for music in the traditional sense to audio production.

He has released recently his latest single “Ecstasy” which features artist “Savie Acosta”.

Lyrics to “Ecstasy”

In my head you're a thriller
You make my heart race on its own
You're my ecstasy
Your drug takes over me
Feels like the night has just begun

Don't let this slip away
Oh baby please just stay
Oh yeah
I'm holding on to close scared to walk away

(Ohhhhhhhhh)
(Ohhhhhhhhh)
You are my ecstasy

Don't let this slip away
Oh baby please just stay
I'm holding on to close scared to walk away

(Ohhhhhhhhh)
(Ohhhhhhhhh)
You are my ecstasy

Great melody, tempo which transcends very well together with the vocals and music combined.

In this exclusive interview, Ryan talks about the start to his music career, when he knew that he wanted to become an musician and what makes him stand out from all the artists in today’s music industry.

Would like to say thank you Ryan in taking the time to do this exclusive interview with me and being a part of the series.

Please welcome my special guest Ryan Jenkins.

Please tell the readers who you are and where you’re from?

RJ: My name is Ryan Jenkins and I just recently turned 18. I'm from a small town named Franklinton that's located in the middle of nowhere in Washington Parish Louisiana. I'm currently one of the top percussionist in the state of Louisiana.

You are a talented percussionist at just 18. When did you know that this was your calling and to pursue a career in the music industry?

RJ: I never really got into music until I was a freshman in high school, but my journey started three years earlier in sixth grade when I joined the school band. During my freshman year I started trying out for honour bands. I didn't make the challenging ones, and I didn't get high chairs in the few that I made. It made me want to get better as a player, and it just took off from there.

What makes you stand out from all of the artists’ out there?

RJ: I think that a lot other artist out there haven't seen or performed the classical side of music I've been in. People who want to be in the music industry typically listen and create only to what the radio is playing. I've played in many high calibre groups including orchestras and symphonies. I think this gives me an advantage over other artist.

You recently produced and featured with artist “Savie Acosta” for your latest track “Ecstasy”. How did this collaboration come about?

RJ: Don't expect to get calls from other artist if you are just starting out in music. You’re going to have to contact the person first and that's what I did. I was on YouTube and came across her page. I emailed her and we forged a good musical friendship.

I read recently, that you are working on new singles soon. What kind of music should we expect from you in 2017?

RJ: This year I plan on putting out more hip-hop based songs. I love the word play that rappers can lyrically display. As I dive into hip-hop, I want to bring out my roots and implement more orchestral based elements in my music.

Will we be expecting more collaborations with other artist’s in the future?

RJ: Yes, definitely. Savie and I are already in the works for another song and I have a few more people I am creating with. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram for updates (@RTJenkins_)

What is it that you love about making music?

RJ: Around the baroque era of music history the Doctrine of Affection was a topic of discussion that surfaced. This doctrine is about the idea that different musical moods could be used to influence the emotions of the listener. To me that's what making music is all about. It's your way of expressing yourself and trying to get people the way you feel in that moment.

And lastly, what would you like to say to your new and current fans?

RJ: Thank you for taking a chance on someone who is not well known and stay tuned. I won't let you down.

What an impressive resume and at just 18, what a talent!!!
And I’m sure we will see more of you in years to come. Thank you again in being a part of this special series.

Always a pleasure to share with you all these talented musicians.

And if you would like to keep in touch with both artists make sure to follow, like and subscribe via the links below.

To purchase “Ecstasy” head to the link in this entry now on Bandcamp.

SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/savie-acosta/ecstasy

Ryan Jenkins
Email for music production: RTJenkins@outlook.com
https://www.instagram.com/rtjenkins_/
https://twitter.com/RTJenkins_
https://soundcloud.com/rtjenkins
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWaagFQi0Xdut7ld6OP4pNA

Savie Acosta
https://www.savieacosta.com/
https://www.instagram.com/savieacosta/
https://twitter.com/SavieAcosta
Inquiries: Savannahacosta.rubio@gmail.com

Bandcamp
https://rtjenkins.bandcamp.com/releases

Don’t forget to follow, like and subscribe to Music Beats Central for the latest new music, classics, reviews, interviews and more by heading to the right hand side of this page to enter your email address to receive my latest posts in your inbox.

You can also follow me on all social media by heading to the links below:

Twitter
Instagram

Thank you all so much for stopping by and showing your amazing support as always.
And thank you in sharing the journey with me and the artists’ featured in the Artist of the Week series.

Can you believe it’s the end of the series?
This is the last one well for now, as the last artist has not responded. 
Until next series!!!

It’s been a blast and honour in interviewing these guys, can’t wait to see what they have for us in 2017 and in years to come.

Well that’s it from me, have a lovely evening and see you guys soon in my next entry!!

Much love and ciao for now!
Hanan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment