Sunday 16 July 2017

Artist Of The Week: Q&A With Matt Wills


Hi everyone and welcome back to another series of Artist Of The Week.
My fourth and last artist of the series Matt Wills. 

Matt Wills is a 22-year-old singer-songwriter and self-taught guitarist from Kent, London.

His music influences are Ben Howard, Ed Sheeran, Jack Penante and as well as bands like 1975 and The Kooks.

Wills spent writing and touring in 2015 alongside big artist’s such as Halsey at Koko and O2, and Alessia Cara at Dingwalls.

His latest single Wallflower is about well it is mentioned in this exclusive interview.

You can purchase Wallflower and pre-order new album “Cigarettes & City Lights” now on ITunes and you can listen to his music on Spotify. 

Matt Wills – Wallflower

I can see the influences intertwined in this song. This song is ten out of ten.

An artist to look out for!!! He has the talent and voice to match :)

If you live in the UK and you want to see Matt live, you can via the info below!

Tour dates:
28th July – Y Not Festival, Derbyshire
12th August – Lee Fest Festival, Derbyshire
27th August – Victorious Festival, Portsmouth

Please welcome my special guest Matt Wills!!!

Please tell the readers who you are and where you’re from?
M: I’m Matt, I’m not the guy from Busted. I’m from Kent, and I sing.

Who or what inspired you to become a singer-songwriter?
M: I was an awkward child and really struggled with girls, so I learned how to play guitar and sing from learning Kooks songs (this girl’s favorite band) and ended up writing songs for her… cringe I know. After that, I ended up falling more in love with music than her.

If you could sing with your favorite idol, who would it be and why?
M: Matty Healy. He’s the closest we have to a modern actual rock-star.

Your latest single “Wallflower” is a great song. What does this song mean to you?
M: The song came just from a random album recording night. I’d had an argument with my girlfriend at the time who is a dancer about how she would always be the centre of attention dancing crazy when I’m not around but shy when I was there. And just ended up saying she acts like a wallflower when I’m around and it just became a thing when I ended up hitting the studio that night.

You have an upcoming album called “Cigarettes & City Lights” that is due for release on 21st July 2017. What was the process of making the album?
M: The album process was crazy. I think I ended up writing 200 something songs in a year. And then it was a challenge to get the sound. Meeting the producer of the album, Chris Bond was a BIG moment we just clicked and then ended up locking ourselves away on a farm in the middle of nowhere in Devon to make the album. It was super crazy literally doing vocal takes in this barn whilst a cow would be poking its head through.
It was a once in a lifetime experience and Chris taught me loads about music.

What has been the most challenging and the most rewarding throughout your career to date?
M: I think music is just challenging and rewarding in general. You can literally one day be playing in an arena and the very next day be playing in a room to 10 people. But I think that’s what I love about it. It’s highs and lows to another level.

In the coming months, what should we expect?
M: Just lots of me. Everywhere. Festivals. A lot of new music.

And what would you like to say to your new and current fans?
M: Thank you and much love.

Thank you so much, Matt, in being a part of the series. It was a pleasure interviewing you.

What a way to end the series!!! Don’t worry there will be more future Artist Of The Week series, so stay tuned for the latest updates on all social media.

As mentioned earlier, you can purchase latest single “Wallflower” and pre-order new album “Cigarettes & City Lights” which consists of 14 tracks including new single “Virtue” now on ITunes. And of course, you can listen to all of his music on Spotify!!!

The album is due for release 21st July 2017.


Make sure to follow, like and subscribe for the latest new music, tours and more by heading to all of the artist’s social media pages.

Follow:

Thank you all so much for stopping by as always and make sure to show the same love to Music Beats Central for the latest new music, classics, interviews, reviews and more by heading to the links at the top of this page or via the links below!

Follow:

Enjoy the rest of your day and have an amazing week ahead!!!

Much love to you all and ciao for now!
Hanan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment