Sunday 8 April 2018

Artist Of The Week: Q&A With Tommy Schroeter


Hi everyone and welcome back to another Artist Of The Week series.

Tommy Schroeter is a singer-songwriter who currently resides in Sydney Australia.

In this exclusive interview, Tommy talks about where he’s from when he knew that he wanted to become an artist, his latest EP and more.

You can check out one of his songs ‘Feather’ which is a favourite of mine from his latest EP ‘A Suitcase Of Songs’. Which you can purchase now on ITunes and listen on Spotify via the links below.


Tommy mentions in this interview that Feather which is a very personal song to him. It’s about setting yourself free from the things that bind you.

Each song on the EP tells us a story and takes you on a journey with the artist.
It’s a story that has no end and it is just the beginning.

Please welcome my special guest Tommy Schroeter.

Please tell the readers who you are and where you’re from?

TS: My name is Tommy! I’m adopted from Sri Lanka, raised in the Barossa Valley in South Australia and now based in Sydney.

How old were you, when you knew you wanted to become a singer-songwriter?

TS: I was about 20 years old when music truly became a big part of my life. I wrote a song called ‘Land Of Make Believe’. It’s about the materialistic world we live in. Writing songs is a great way to connect and convey a story to the audience as you never know whom hears it and will connect with it. It’s this fact alone that makes me work harder to write songs and deliver them in a way that hopefully the listener feels like it is there story.

You released a while back an EP called ‘A Suitcase of Songs’. How did that all come about? And which song is your favourite and why?

TS: The idea came to me as I knew I’d always wanted to create an EP. The songs are my life story. I’m all for sharing a message and each of these songs are interlinked in some way. My favourite track is ‘Feather’, it’s a very personal song about setting yourself free from the things that bind you. It’s also the one song many people love.

Throughout your career to date, what has been the most memorable that has resonated with you until today?

TS: I think it’s the people I look up to, giving me amazing feedback and encouragement to keep doing what I’m doing. It’s always nice to receive feedback either good or bad as it helps you hone your craft more.

What has been a dream of yours that you have always wanted to achieve?

TS: The dream was to create an EP. That’s a big Tick as I’ve already done that.
Next would be to take these songs to a live setting and see how people connect with them and it’s also something I feel will push me.

In the next coming months, what shall we expect? A new album?

TS: I could be like Christina Aguilera here and promise a new album and say it’s coming. But to be honest I don’t know if I’ll have it done by my end date as each month I write new songs that I feel for this project fits better.  
I can say a new single and possibly a visual aspect will be out sometime this year. I can also reveal the album will include 3 covers and 9 originals and that we’ve recorded the final song on the album so that’s exciting!

If you could give advice to artist’s who are just starting out, what would you say from your experience?
TS: Take your time, stay true to yourself and find your own spark. For it’s a journey, allow it to lead you and embrace it and take every day as it comes. Remember also people will connect or not connect and that’s fine.

And what would you like to say to your new and current fans?

TS: Thanks for embracing my music and I hope the next chapter touches you as much as chapter 1 did and the best is yet to come.

Thank you so much, Tommy, for taking the time to do this interview with me, it was a pleasure. I look forward to seeing what’s next in store.

It is just the beginning to bigger and brighter endless opportunities.

Tommy has soul, warmth, kindness and down to earth personality that is infectious and has what it takes in this music industry.

Keep a look out for this artist as he has so much to give and share the love of music with you all.

I hope you all enjoyed today’s exclusive interview as much as I did.
Love sharing new talent, promote and the love of music with you all.

As always, make sure to follow, like and subscribe for the latest music, news, tours and more by heading to all social media links below.

Don’t forget to purchase Tommy’s EP ‘A Suitcase Of Songs’ now on ITunes and you can listen to the EP on Spotify, both links found below.

Follow:


Thank you all so much for stopping by and make sure to follow, like and subscribe to Music Beats Central for the latest new music, classics, interviews, reviews and more by heading to all social media links below!

Follow:


Wishing you all an amazing rest of your day and a fabulous week ahead.
See you all in my next entry!!!

Much love to you all and ciao for now!
Hanan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment